Saturday 1 March 2014

The Week That Was

Don flew to Manitoba for five days. He had two meetings and paperwork to do. The weather was awful in Manitoba the entire time he was home - snowing, blowing and extremely cold. This has been a very hard winter in Manitoba and it doesn't seem to be letting up!

While Don was away I kept very busy. I did a bit of shopping for housewares and some clothes for me, but mostly it was appointments. I made a vision appt and a dental appt for myself. Both clinics were within biking distance which is wonderful. My eye prescription changed a bit in the reading/near but not much in the far. I ended up ordering two pairs of glasses from Costco for a quarter of the price that one pair of glasses cost me in Manitoba. Why is that!!  I hope I can see through them?!?!  Not so lucky with my teeth. I have two old fillings that are cracked and need to be replaced. Yuck. I hate dental work!

I also did some fun things. I attended my Manitoba Book Club meeting via Face Time. It was great to be a part of the discussion. I had a fun sewing day with Marj, supper out with the Manitobans at Cathy's house, and a game of golf. I played a full 18 holes with Nancy, Penny and Cathy at Queens Creek. It is fun to go with a group of women. Lots of laughter and chatting, not too much pressure on having the best shot. Good thing, as I am still learning. 

In between shopping, appointments and fun I was busy coordinating the destruction and construction in the back yard. It is still very much a work in progress. I hope it is completed by the end of next week when Leah arrives!!








No comments:

Post a Comment