Tuesday 25 March 2014

NutriBullet

I bought a NutriBullet at Costco (yes I broke down a bought a Costco membership....sigh).  It is for blending nutritious shakes. The blender is amazing at crushing ice and extracting the nutrients of whatever foods you put in it.

The idea is to build your own meal using 50% greens (spinach, kale, Swiss chard, etc) and 50% fruits (I've been using mango, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, etc).  To that basic recipe I have added almonds, yogurt, sesame seeds, etc.  Add water, juice, ice cubes, blend and voila - you have a nutritious shake. 

At first it is a little disturbing to drink something so green, but then when you are amazed at how good it tastes, you get past the colour!  Yummy!

Put all the ingredients in the blender cup.

Put on the blender.




Doesn't take long to puree everything.  Maybe 30 seconds.



1 comment:

  1. Oh you said voila, I thought you said vodka. Different drink :[

    ReplyDelete