Wednesday 5 March 2014

Metro Medallions Quilt

I am nearing completion of my Metro Medallions quilt blocks. It uses a fun and useful ruler called the Quick Curve Ruler. I have three or four other totally different quilt patterns that I would like to try using this ruler.

I used a variety of my Downton Abbey fat quarters for the medallions. Each block requires curved piecing, trimming, cutting and re-sewing together to form the medallion. Some of my first curved pieces were very wonky. Needless to say there was some reverse sewing going on!!

I am really excited to quilt this top. I will definitely try out the rulers and templates that we bought for the long arm. 

Individual quilt block for Metro Medallion quilt.

On the design wall before the extra diamonds are added.

Wow!  The diamonds really add to the secondary pattern.

Close up look at four blocks (dark medallions) 
and the secondary medallion (light medallion with diamond in centre) that appears.

I can hardly wait to finish piecing this quilt and getting it on the long arm.  I think the quilting will really bring out the design!

1 comment:

  1. hi! I was just wondering how big your finished quilt ended up being?!

    ReplyDelete