Wednesday 12 October 2011

Wednesday, Oct 12, 2011 - Batik Fabric Shopping!!


Today we had another trip into the busy city of Kuta.  We finally went to a material store, CU Dewi Mas, Cotton Batik Quilting, run by Rayyis Aljaidi.   I was in heaven.  I bought 57 metres of batik quilting fabric for about $3 a metre!  My heart be still!  The material is hung over rods in the shop.&nbsp7 B There would be about a maximum of 20 metres of any one design, unlike in North America were the fabric would be wrapped on bolts and would have many metres of fabric on one bolt. 

View of entire shop.
 Sales woman measuring fabric for cutting.

My pile of fabric - 57 meters.  See the smile on my face?!


For lunch we went back to the Bali Bakery.  I had a wood fired spinach pizza.  (Shirley, you would have loved it!)

Then after lunch we drove around the small shops to find batik shirts for men, sarongs for women and button shops.  On our way home we stopped by the Bali Bomb Memorial.  It will be 9 years tomorrow that Muslim Extremists from Java detonated two bombs that killed many Australians and some Canadians.

Tonight we will see Ajik to try on our leather jackets for a fitting.  I am anxious to see mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment