Saturday 1 October 2011

Friday, September 30

I spent the morning and early afternoon walking the beach and sitting by the pool.  Some R & R was greatly appreciated.   In the morning I met a Balinesian man carrying a fish.  He said he fished most mornings and that he often would catch two fish.  Today he had only caught one fish because the water was colder today.

Local man catching fish for his meal.

Brightly coloured kayak-type boats the local fishermen use.

I went out for supper with Anja and her surfing friends.  We went to a BBQ on the Jimbaran beach.
There were dozens of restaurants with the tables in the sand.  (Imagine being a waiter carrying large platters in the sand - great leg and calf muscles.)  On the menu at each restaurant was fresh caught sea food.  Each platter of food consisted of a large white fish (possibly like the one I had seen the fisherman with in the morning), prawns, calamari, and shellfish.  The food was delicious!



There was a mixup with my hotel and I had no where to sleep.  I ended up crashing with Anja at the Surfer Lounge in the dorm on a spare bunk bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment