Monday 17 October 2011

Monday, October 17, 2011 - Goddess Silks

Got up and had a wonderful breakfast of scrambled eggs, toast and fresh fruit at my new home, Ubud Aura.  Then one of the young workers drove me to Goddess Silks on the back of a motorcycle.

I met up with Renee and we began work on the short kimono jacket.  It has a lotus inside a medallion on the back and lotuses on the front.  I got it all painted today.  The lotuses are light pink to burgundy and the medallion has yellow, brown and slate grey on it.  The entire background is a natural leaf green.   I can hardly wait to see it when it is dry.
Painting the lotus.  Notice that I am kneeling on pillows.
Lotuses are done, now working on medallion.



We have to dye the background quickly.  If any of it dries before we are done there will be water lines in the dye.  Agus helps me so we can get done quickly.  Notice his large brush and my small one for getting into the small details.

Tomorrow we will set the colour, boil the wax out and dry it.  The next day Renee's friend will sew it into a jacket for me.  Renee brought me home on her scooter and then I had a swim.  Felt great.

AT 6pm I went to Zen Spa next door for a special massage.  The Mandi Lulur, Floral Bath took almost 2 hours!  It is a 17th century Javanese royal treatment, a traditional body massage followed by a body scrub with tumeric, sandal wood and rice powder, which is an exfoliant.  Followed by a coating of yoghurt (rather cool and shocking surprise) to eliminate toxins.  Ending with a fragrant blossom bath.  The luxurious treat cost Rp 150.000 or about $15US!
Decadent spa setting!!

www.zenbalispa.com

Check out the above site for photos of pseudo me, having my Mandi Lulur.

No comments:

Post a Comment