Saturday 14 June 2014

Tsukeniko Inks Class with Judy Coates Perez

Awesome class that I was able to get in to today at the last moment. Wow!  I learned a lot about how to paint with this ink. Oddly enough I had purchased some of this ink in Tucson this winter. I did play with it one day with Marj and Annette, but now I have a much better understanding of how to use it. 

In the morning we used special ink brushes called Fantastics, really a pencil pointed tip sponge in the shape of a crayon. You dip the fantastic stick into the ink. The sponge hold a lot of ink and you can shade with it. Once you have one area or colour completed you can heat set it with an iron. Then you can apply other colours without the first colour smudging. 

In the afternoon we painted with regular bristle paint brushes with the inks, thickening them into a paint consistency with clear aloe vera gel. It will take some practice, but I can see how that will be very workable too. 

Another great class at CQA!!








No comments:

Post a Comment