Friday 13 June 2014

Holes as a Design Element

Birgit Schuller is a quilting instructor from Germany. She is a long arm quilter and most of her classes are about free motion quilting. However, the class I took from her today was more about piecing. 

We learned how to create holes - circles, squares, really any simple shape, in our blocks. Then to put the blocks together you use the quilt as you go method. It was a fairly simple idea, but will be a great strategy to have in my 'toolbox'. 







1 comment:

  1. Well there's a bunch of "holy quilters"! Good job Krista. Great meeting you. Thanks for posting your workshop pictures. I must link up to their websites too. Sorry you missed the trip to the feedsack quilts with Marj, Connie and I, but looks like you had fun making your holes! I'll be interested to see how you work that technique into your future quilting. Cheers, Barb Reynolds

    ReplyDelete