Thursday 12 June 2014

Lots of Quilts

Today I spent the entire day looking at quilts. Talk about brain overload!  First I saw the Trend Tex challenge that had over 50 entries. See previous post for pictures from this exhibit. 

Then on to the National Juried show to see 153 entries. No photographs are allowed in the NJS, so sorry no pics to share. There is a booklet containing photos of all the quilts so I took it along and made notes of all the interesting techniques I saw as I viewed the quilts. By noon I had only managed to see about half!  I did eventually get to see them all, including walking by our Serengeti quilt a few times. It is amazing to see it there with the red ribbon on it!

I also got a chance to see the Fibre Arts Network (FAN) a group of fibre artists from western Canada, exhibit called Abstracted. It is just my type of quilting. All fibre art work. Wow!!!  Loved it!!

The Modern Quilt Guild has a display too. I got a couple of photos here as photography was allowed. I also got a couple of shots at the Invitational Canadian Show featuring mostly quilting teachers. So I'll close with pictures.....







No comments:

Post a Comment