Monday 17 February 2014

Less Than Happy with Less Than Traditional!!

Last week I bought a pattern and ruler to make a Less Than Traditional quilt. I was very excited to buy the equipment as I saw a sample at the Bernina dealer two blocks away from me. It was gorgeous. It was the first time I had been in Mrs. B's Quilt Shop and was anxious to support the local owner, Madonna.

After reading and rereading the pattern numerous times, Annette and I attempted a large 4 circle patch. After being frustrated with the directions, templates and ruler we did manage to accomplish  one 4 circle patch. Then we went on to try the Seminole Table Runner. 

First, we had to make our own medium sized templates as they were not included. Then we had to adapt the batting sizes, slit size and folded edge size. None of which were included in the booklet of instructions!!  Egad!!  I can't believe this pattern was published and a second edition put out without better instructions!!

I managed to get the Seminole Table Runner finished today and have made notes throughout the pattern book to improve on and remember for next time. However, with the negative way I feel towards this project, I may never do another one!!

Book and ruler.

First project.

Would have preferred the opposite colour way.

Finally done the table runner.

This is the underside.  Could use it this way in a pinch.

No comments:

Post a Comment