Thursday 21 November 2013

Mystery quilt - Step 2

I have been happily sewing away in my new Mesa sewing room. I have had to improvise, as I don't have proper furniture yet. I am using a 6 foot folding table for my sewing machine to sit on. But because the table is regular height I needed a taller chair to sit on to be comfortable. I tried a lawn chair with a pillow. Not very successful. Then I tried a bar stool. Even at its lowest setting it was still too high, so I put a box on the floor for my sewing machine pedal and my feet to sit on. Works like a charm.

I also wanted another table to arrange my sewing project on. Not having any other tables at hand, I improvised. Using two 5 gallon pails and the large box the flat screen TV came in I created a table of sorts. Mom on the Solar Farm would be proud of me!!

Part 2 of the mystery quilt was to create 186 purple flying geese. I used a variety of purple fabrics for the geese and some of the black on white fabric for the background. It took a fair while to do all this cutting and sewing. The pieces are quite small. Perhaps it is a good thing that this quilt is a mystery because if I had known all the work involved I may not have started it!





No comments:

Post a Comment