Tuesday 27 September 2011

Tuesday, September 27 - The Flying has Begun!

Got up bright and early.  Yvonne dropped me off at the Winnipeg airport.  (Thanks.)  My luggage weighed 50.5 pounds.  I was a half pound overweight!  Ticket agent let me through without an extra charge!  (Whew!)

Flight to Vancouver left at 7am as the sun was rising.  Great view from the window seat (row 1 - lots of leg room!).  Saw Elie and recognized St. Paul's Collegiate (hi Shannon), saw Portage and recognized the Koko Platz area (hi Mom and Dad, Connie and Marvin), viewed the Diversion, MacGregor, Austin and the Agricultural Museum.  Couldn't quite see Holland (waved to Don anyway) but could see Hidden Valley Colony.

Bought a Sky Train day pass and will take the Canada Line to Oakridge Mall to have lunch with Diana and do a wee bit of shopping.  I would like to purchase an extra battery for my camera.  Then I will come back and catch the next leg of the trip to Hong Kong.

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment