Tuesday 26 May 2015

New Flower Bed

What gorgeous days we have been having!  Yahoo!  I got out and made a flower bed in the west side of the house. This direction is the front of the house. I made a small bed in which I can have a few annuals and vines to decorate the entranceway. 

I had to remove some grass. First I made an edge with a spade to create an outline for the flower bed. Then I cut out chunks of sod. On my hands and knees I removed as much dirt from the did as possible. Once the bed was cleared of grass I planted bedding plants - small mums, pansies, a vine plant and morning glories from seed. 

The big challenge now will be to keep it water and free of weeds. Don promises to put in the Lee Valley irrigation system in for watering. I suspect the worst weed will be grass. It is so hard to kill!!




No comments:

Post a Comment