Tuesday 26 May 2015

Caveman and Convergence

As soon as I got home from the Ricky Tims Super Seminar I had to make some samples of ideas he taught us. I didn't want to forget them!!

First I made a Caveman piece. Here you do not use a ruler. Pieces are cut with slight curves. No quarter inch seams are needed!  Just use scant seams and persuasively press after each seam to ensure that the piecing is flat. 

Then I made a Convergence piece. This is where you take four different fabrics, and through slicing the fabrics and sewing them back together you creat an entire new converged fabric. Interesting. On a Convergence piece accurate measuring and precise seams are a must. 

On the Convergence piece I put two set-in and two mitred borders. The method Ricky taught us for set-in borders worked like a charm. 






No comments:

Post a Comment