Friday 25 January 2013

Last Run Through

We had 3 hours this morning to see the last of the show.   We wanted to leave in good time, as tackling the crazy LA suburb traffic to get home to Palm Desert is tricky.

I bought a few more goodies. (Yes quilting buddies I will share!). I stopped by Jaybird Designs to see Julie Herman, another modern quilt designer that we met at Angela's presentation. She had a very interesting ruler and book of designs that I bought.

Mostly though, I revisited the quilts to examine quilting stitches more closely. I realize now that the award winning quilts are very heavily stitched.

Photo with Julie Herman, modern quilt designer.  Great to see young up-and-coming quilters!!

Look at the density of the quilting on this piece.  Amazing!!

Some sky quilt stitching on an 'amateur' quilt that I admired.

Detail of a wonderful zebra quilt.  Looks like she used reverse applique to achieve the fine cut work.

People looking at the quilt entries.  

People shopping at the merchant mall area with hundreds of vendors!  Overwhelming!

The four worn out, quilting enthusiasts - Coreen, Jackie, Krista and Lorie.

Admiring Lorie and Barry's gorgeous home at Palm Desert.

My stash of goodies purchased at Road to California Quilt Show.  Lots to show and share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment