Saturday 28 October 2017

Wanna Sew a Chicken?

During my "opening up the Mesa house " chores - groceries, money, post office, etc. I stopped in at Mad B's, my favorite local quilt shop. It was great to see Madonna and her staff. The store looks great with new quilt samples up on the walls, new carpet on the floor and of course tons of new fabric!

They were just setting up for the monthly Tea Party. A monthly activity for 10 participants. They have tea and goodies followed by a make and take activity. The store had just received a call that one of the 10 participants couldn't make it and would I like to take her place?  Ha. That seat wasn't empty for long. Of course I would love to take her place!

The food was spooktacular. Jen loves to cook and had created Halloween themed goodies - "dirt and worms" out of chocolate pudding and cookie crumbs with a sour gummy as the worm in individual skull shaped shot glasses; "mummies" made out of cocktail sausages wrapped in tiny strips of pastry
To describe a couple!

After our snack and introductions we were introduced to the hands-on activity. We sewed two log cabin squares using 1 1/4" strips, sewed the blocks together leaving an opening, stuffed with batting and rice, added some details and like magic - we had a chicken shaped pin cushion!  

Lots of fun!  And I got out to a sewing activity before Don made it to the links!!  I'm sure I'll hear about that for a while. 






No comments:

Post a Comment