Tuesday 31 October 2017

Sewing Class at Mad B's

I attended another class at MaDonna's shop, Mad B's, where we learned the Laura Heine Collage method. I really just took the class to pass time with other fibre people as I felt sure I could do this project on my own. But as always seems to happen, I learned some new tricks!

Also, this technique involves using Steam a Seam which I rarely use. I don't usually like the stiffness of fuseable adhesive. I haven't got to the quilting/stitching part yet, so the verdict is still out on the Steam a Seam. I'll let you know later how it feels to see on it. 



MaDonna demonstrating a 'trick'to using fusible adhesive. Pull the backing partially off a chunk of fabric fused to adhesive, trace the pattern shape, restock the backing paper, cut out fabric with adhesive using the drawn line. Works like a charm!!
MaDonna's Henrietta taking shape. 
Wanda's seahorse in the making. 
My Perfect Form, dress form collage, just about done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment