Sunday 11 October 2015

Saturday Activities

Saturday morning we had the FAN AGM. We were able to contain it to the morning only!  Yahoo!!  In the afternoon I gave a very short presentation on the 2016 FAN retreat to be held in Manitoba at the St Benedicts Retreat Centre north of Winnipeg. 

Free-time for me included a trip to Overseas Fabrics where I bought some white fabrics for dyeing:  silk, cotton velvet and cotton with embroidery on it. All of this should be great for making scarves. 

We had six artists present this evening. Joyce started us off with a slide show encouraging us to learn to be quilting judges. She will put more details on the website when they are available. 

Aspen Grove, a series of a dozen panels decorated the lecture room when we entered after supper. Judy described the making of them to us. Gorgeous!!  (Again I was upset I didn't have a working camera!!)

A fibre artist I met in Weyburn, Alison, was next to present. I was amazed to see her work, I recognized it!  Two award winners at CQA Lethbridge:  Ozzie and one with small slices. Amazing work!!

The last person to present was Sue. She invented Dippy Dew Dye. Using hair gel to thicken ink for detail painting work. She also used 606 in a unique way.  To bond fabrics with a high gloss use a Teflon pressing sheet. To have a matte finish use parchment paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment