Sunday 18 October 2015

Hiking at Bandon Dunes

Don left early to golf, so I had a late breakfast, reorganized the car and went for a long walk. I began on the Woodlands Trail that went by some ponds, thru deep forest and to a labyrinth.

The labyrinth is beautiful. Set deep in the forest in a small clearing. It is modelled  after a well know one in France. I walked it. When I got to the centre I took a photo straight up to the sky. Also, saw a few of the largest slugs I have ever seen - yellow with black spots. What a peaceful and meditative experience. 

On my return hike I got turned around and ended up on Ridge Loop which led me to the top of a ridge overlooking Pacific Dunes Golf Course and the Pacific Ocean. Nice detour!  Saw Don finish up the 18th hole and we had lunch. 















No comments:

Post a Comment