Saturday 12 October 2013

Swift Current to Calgary

Did you know there are few to no places to stop for breakfast from Swift Current to Medicine Hat?!?! That's what we found out! I'm glad I don't live in that area; it seems so remote! Never really thought about that before.

First glimpse of the mountains we saw snow. Yikes! We drove to a fibre and spinning shop south of Calgary called Shuttleworks. I bought replacement parts from here and they'd mailed them to me, so I wanted to stop in. Lots of snow still on the ground in this area (near Okatoks).

Then on to Calgary where we checked into the Delta Bow Valley. You can see evidence of the flood in this area of downtown Calgary, but almost everything is functioning.

First view of the mountains.

Snow in the suburbs of Calgary.

Shuttleworks - sells spinning wheels, parts and fibre!

Downtown Calgary in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment