Friday 29 March 2013

Furniture Shopping

I spent the entire day furniture shopping by myself while Don golfed!! He told me that he would not question any purchases done without him. He explained that after 30+ years of marriage he trusted me. Also, he cautioned that any choices he was asked his opinion on, he would question mightily. So, needless to say, I bought all that I could decide on by myself today.

I was able to find two bedroom sets that I liked. Both are real wood with dovetail joints. The Home Elegance is a sleigh platform bed for the guest room. It has a bedside table. I love the contemporary curving lines.

For the master bedroom I bought a Sheridan (my brothers name) Bed with storage drawers on the sides. I got two night tables to go with it. The headboard has beautiful bookend wood pieces. Gorgeous!

For the kitchen I ended up buying a bar height table and 6 chairs. I think that will be handy because the chairs can be used at the island too. It is made of two tones of wood and the chairs swivel. I hope we like the height.

The last purchase of the day was a sectional couch for the living room. It is made by England Furniture which is a subsidiary of Lazy Boy. It is very solid and extremely comfortable. And.... It is green!! Big surprise!!

Here is the sectional.  No I did not buy the ottoman to go with it.  Sorry Beth!
Master bed - Sheridan King, with drawers underneath.  
Only requires a mattress, no box spring, as it is a platform bed.
The furniture sales person sitting at the bar height dining room table and swivel chair set.
Table has butterfly leaf the extends table 18 inches for larger gatherings.
The guest bed.  A queen sized, platform bed.  Notice the curved wood on the sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment