Thursday 24 November 2011

National Art Gallery

Checked out the Byward Market today.  It is a very unique shopping area much like The Forks in Winnipeg.  Saw some awesome artisan type clothes and jewelry.  As always at this time of year there are still a few outdoor stalls selling sweaters, hats, scarfs, mitts, etc.  Also, some outdoor stalls sell christmas wreaths out of real balsam, pine, evergreen boughs.  They smell fabulous!!  I would love to bring one home, but not sure how to 'pack' it.


www.gallery.ca/en/



After strolling through the ByWard Market area, I went to the National Art Gallery.  As always, I loved the Group of Seven works.  This time I also managed to find some other famous works that I hadn't seen before - vanGogh, Monet, Picasso.  They were wonderful!!  Here is a photo of the vanGogh painting called Iris the NAG has on display.



No comments:

Post a Comment