Tuesday 22 November 2011

I'm back!!

Traveling again....  now in Ottawa.



Here I am in the capital of Canada.  The government is sitting, so today I went to question period.  I thought I was being smart this year and contacted my MP, Candace Hoeppner, for tickets, rather than wait in line.  Don't think I will bother doing that again.  I waited for over half an hour for someone for her office to show up.  Then, when I did get my seat in the gallery, it was on the side, so all I could see were the members of the Conservative Party.  I leaned over to try to see some opposition members and got reprimanded by the security guard.  Embarrassing!!

Question period was decidedly dull without Jack Layton and Gilles Duceppe firing questions at the Conservatives.  Not only that but I couldn't even see Justin Trudeau. According to the MP seating chart he was directly below me.  I did hear Olivia Chow question the government about housing for underprivileged and seniors.  All the government could reply is that the NDP voted against the budget, therefore they voted against housing for these people.  Also, lots of questions from Quebec regarding the Omnibus Bill.  All questions were answered in the same way..... "this motion has already been discussed a length".

Looks like the majority government is going to ignore questions raised by the opposition and ram bills through parliament.  Sigh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment