Wednesday 28 September 2011

Wednesday, September 28 Hong Kong

Here I am sitting in the travelers lounge in the Hong Kong airport.  It was an awfully long flight!  13 hours in the air!  I watched three movies (nothing too great), ate two meals, and slept (sort of).  By the time I got off the plane and found my way around the airport it was early evening.  I didn't end up leaving the airport as I would have had to clear customs and then find a way to get downtown; then what would I do?  I really didn't think I was up for going to the bars by myself!!  At this travelers lounge I have had some snacks and a 15 minute massage.  In a few minutes I check into my single bed for 6 hours followed by a shower and breakfast.  That will feel good!

"Small" room I rented by the hour.

The small room I rented was very appreciated.  I was able to have a few hours of horizontal rest.  Then I had a shower.  Now I feel like a new person.  Walked around the airport checking out all the Coach, Versachi, Giorgio Armani, etc. shops.  Just window shopping - needless to say.

It is a gloomy rainy day here.  I am wondering if it is an effect of the typhoon hitting the Philippines at this time.  Flights do not seem to be delayed though.  I leave for Denpasar, Bali in two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment