Thursday 29 September 2011

Thursday, September 29 - Bali

Yes, I arrived in paradise.  Although I must admit I was concerned we might not get off the ground in Hong Kong as there was a typhoon going through.  The winds were crazy.  Just sitting on the tarmac the whole plane was rocking from side to side, almost made you sea-sick.  We were delayed about one hour, but we did get clearance to take off.  It was a bit rough for the first half hour or so, then clear flying.
Here is the Cathy Pacific plane I took from HongKong to Bali getting loaded up during the typhoon.

Arrived in Denpasar, Bali at about 4pm.  You could feel the heat and humidity as you got off the plane.  27C today - not too hot.  Got a taxi to the Patra Hotel, it is so close I felt like I could have walked here from the airport!

Upon arrival I was greeted at reception with a cold facecloth and a glass of fruit juice.  Then the bellboy took me on an electric golf cart to my room.  I was upgraded from a single room to an entire suite.  I really am in paradise here!  I have a dining area, living room, bedroom, Jacuzzi bathroom, and three balconies.  I can hear the ocean surf crashing on the beach as I write this, sitting on the dining room balcony.
Here is the enormous bedroom with attached balcony.

This photo shows the living room area with the dining room and another balcony in the background.

Met up with Anja at the resort.  We had a visit in the suite and then took off on her scooter to the Bali Buddha for supper.  It has wonderful healthy food and drinks.  I had a chai smoothie and bean and almond enchiladas.  Yummy!

Anja and her scooter in front of the Bali Buddha.

The scooter ride was rather crazy.  The traffic is nuts!  Cars, scooters and motorbikes going all over the place.  Not to mention that they drive on the 'wrong' side of the road.  After supper we drove to where Anja is staying at the Surfer Lounge which is nicely set up for young people, huge pool, bunk-bed sleeping area, movie lounge area, restaurant, bar, etc..  Then I caught a taxi back to my resort.

Now I am ready to crash!!

3 comments:

  1. WOW quite a hotel room. Hope you are having fun. Maybe you can ride on the back of my scooter some day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Quilta! Sounds like you are having an awesome time...and what a room! Bali looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete