Thursday 10 July 2014

Mike Takes Me to Fibre Store

Mike picked Don and I up this morning and toured us around Regina. Mike has an apartment on 14th street near funky stores and the government building where he now works. Mike and Don dropped me off at a fibre store while they had coffee/tea. 

Golden Willow Natural Fibre is a wonderful fibre store. Lots of gorgeous wool yarns, rovings, knitting and spinning equipment. I had a long chat with the owner, Sharon Ottenbreit. We shared dyeing advice. Then in came another fibre customer and I heard her talking to the owner about spinning strips of quilting fabric in with yarn. Interesting?!  My fibre 'senses' were tingling. I ended up having a great chat with her too and now I have some interesting ideas for creating yarn from fabric and wool!!

Old door at store entrance with felted tiger lilies on it.

Sharon has knitting and spinning enthusiasts come to share their craft in the store.

Lots of gorgeous natural fibres!

Interesting felted creatures!

No comments:

Post a Comment