Sunday 26 May 2013

Birds Galore

I am enjoying watching the birds flit about. I put out both the hummingbird and oriole feeders last week when I happened to see an oriole in the yard. The only food available was one potted plant I had out. Then I didn't see any oriole at the feeder and was disappointed, but they are here. I have been watching one female, one male and two juveniles.

There also are at least two male humming birds. They are drinking out of both the hummingbird and oriole feeders. A ton of gold finches are eating spilled seeds from the seed plant. There is even a rose breasted grosbeak. He was eating seeds with the finches, but then came over to the oriole feeder to see what all the fuss was about. He snooped around, then went back to his seeds.

Male oriole above flower pot.  Just after Mothers' Day.  No other flowers or food around!

Put out the oriole feeder.  Here is a juvenile male beginning to get his glorious orange colour.

Male Ruby Throated hummingbird.

Male oriole approaching feeder.

Rose Breasted Grosbeak checking out the feeder

Grosbeak watching female oriole to see how it is done?!  He gave up and went back to his seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment