Tuesday 20 March 2012

Minot Prairie Quilt Festival

Beth, Yvonne and I had a great time in Minot last weekend.  We attended the Minot Prairie Quilt Festival for the first time.

Here is a photo of an applique lesson with Nancy Odom.  She had some great tips.  She was the guest speaker at the Saturday banquet.  She kept us entertained for ages, taking us from belly aching laughter to tears and then back again!



The festival committee arranged for lots of prizes at every class and meal.  Also, at every meal, there was a favour for each of us to take home.  What a treat!!

The merchant mall was also very good.  We each bought a few items to bring home.....   I bought three kits, two books, a jelly roll and needling felting supplies.



I tried needle felting for the first time and loved it.  We had Bonnie as our instructor.  She owns Willow Wood Market in Bemidji, ND, and is a wonderful teacher and delightful person.  Here's hoping we see her again!!
The near finished project for needle felting workshop.
The needle felting class members and their projects.

Bonnie, her husband and I in front of her stall at the merchant mall.

I also took a course in making fabric jewelry.  It was very finicky, but fun.  I'm sure I will use ideas from this book written by the instructor from Arizona, Heidi Pridemore.

No comments:

Post a Comment