Friday 9 December 2011

Crafting while Don is in Houston

Seems like the week has flown by!!  Don is having fun golfing in Houston although it has been cool and wet.  While he is away I have been doing a lot of crafting; from knitting and card making to quilting.


Thanks to Arlene the 'crafty girls' enjoyed a day of card making.  Last minuted Christmas cards were on the priority list.  Arlene laid out examples, supplies and tools for us at her house.  She even provided delicious treats!  A great afternoon!


Jack Frost Hat

Spring Flowers Hat

In some of my spare moments and quieter times I did some knitting.  I had forgotten how much I enjoyed knitting, I hadn't done it in so long.  One evening I sat in front of the fireplace station on TV and listened to Christmas carols and knit two more interesting baby hats.



Madeline's Lone Star Quilt

Details of quilting

Yesterday, Madeline came over with a quilt that she wanted to quilt for her son for Christmas.  We loaded it on the long arm machine.  I quilted and she watched.  Madeline even tried some stitching.  I finished the quilt this morning.  Now Madeline will have to bind it in time for Christmas giving.  Don't you think her son will love it??

No comments:

Post a Comment