Saturday 27 August 2011

Harvest

Harvest is fully underway.  Don has over half the crop off already.  Yahoo!  I did manage to cut a few stocks of wheat and canary seed for decorations before it was swathed.

This upcoming year I have off work.  No teaching.  Weird!  I am looking forward to the year of travel.  Don and I have no firm travel dates for the winter yet, but I do have a fall trip planned.

I am going to Bali, Indonesia, on a women's-only tour of Bali's Fibre Arts.  We will be visiting locations where Bali Batiks are made and trying our own hand at making them!  I enjoy using these materials in the quilts I make and this will be an experience of a lifetime to tour these areas with other women with similar interests.  Eight of us from North America will be touring from Oct 1 - 15, 2011.  We also will be checking out other arts of silk dyeing, fibre weaving (ikat), leather making and silver jewelry making.  I am also hoping to check out a few of the beaches.  Bali is supposed to be extraordinarily beautiful!

As Bali is a third world country, I am hoping to take some items to give away.  The women like to get lipstick, blush and eyeliner.  The men enjoy hats, T-shirts, key fobs, pens.  For the children I plan to take school supplies, backpacks, etc.  I hope to visit some schools to drop off these supplies.  If anyone has items they would like to add to my give-aways, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment