Friday 3 March 2017

Blue Moo

My friend, Shirley, has fond memories of playing with the calves as a little girl growing up on the farm. She wanted a picture to hang in her house of a calf. I wanted to try to create one for her. 

I painted a calf image using Tsukeniko Inks. 



Then I quilted the calf's face using bright polyester threads. 

I pieced the background using scraps of fabric. (Didn't even make a dint in my scrap stash. Do they reproduce in the drawer?)

I covered the scraps with mesh on the left and organza on the right. This keeps the scrap pieces from fraying. The mesh was matte and the glossy organza helped make the cow body stand out. 

I got the frame and scuffed it up a bit to make it seem like it was built from old barn boards. 

I sure hope my friend likes it!




No comments:

Post a Comment