Friday 28 August 2015

FAN Abstracted Exhibit

Abstracted is an exhibit by Fibre Art Network members. This exhibit has artists paired up with one artist doing a realistic version of an agreed upon image, the other partner doing an abstract version. 

I first saw this display in St Catherine's in 2014. The exhibit wowed me just as much on second viewing. Now that I too am a member of FAN I know many of the artists whose works are included. 

Everyone from our fibre workshop group loved the Abstracted show. We stayed and discussed various pieces until closing. One person in our group, Diane, has a gorgeous forest floor realistic piece in this show. Congratulations Diane on fabulous texture in your piece!!

I'm looking forward to the next FAN exhibit called Ekphrastic, which is in the development phase. I am hoping to have a piece in this show!!  Yikes!!  I've got my work cut out for me!!

Here I am standing between two pieces of the Abstracted show. The one to my right is by Coreen Zerr. Gorgeous strip pieced landscape!


Here we are all in deep discussion about FAN, art and creativity. Thank you Martha for being a part of the founding members who began FAN 20 years ago. You are a wealth of knowledge and a source of inspiration for new fibre artists like us!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment