Thursday 4 June 2015

First Day of Quilt Canada

We arose bright and early to get to the Quilt show. Val and Annette attended classes, Yvonne was free to explore the show and merchant mall, and I volunteered at the admissions area for the quilt show. As you can imagine it was very hectic at admissions for the first few hours. 

After my volunteer stint I viewed the show quilts and made jot notes of ideas I liked and may try myself. I saw quilts made by many friends and acquaintances - Val, Coreen, Jaynie, Jenny - as well as people I don't know personally but am beginning to recognize their work. We are unable to take photographs of the Juried Show, so I have no photos of the quilts, sorry!

After a few hours of viewing amazing quilts I took a break outside. Gorgeous day!!  When I went back in I toured the Merchant Mall and bought thread, a king sized silk batting, puzzle cutting mat, two long arm rulers and some odds and ends. 

We ended the day visiting and sharing our thoughts and purchases. Great first day!



No comments:

Post a Comment