Saturday 3 November 2018

Framing Ideas

Don and I are always looking to interesting framing ideas. Either for his photography or my fibre art. 

We were in a home decor store. (I know!  I actually got Don into that kind of store!!  He must have thought it was a golf store?!) It was shocking how many reproduced wall art paintings they had in it!  Thousands!  No wonder no one buys original art work any more!  Any way, I digress. 

We saw a couple of interesting ways of framing groups of photos. Raised pieces within one frame. We will have to try this. Could be interesting. 

The above frame has sixteen 5" squares that are ‘float’ mounted within one frame. 

This had three pieces mounted using small blocks of wood top and bottom. 

Here is a close up side view. Shows how the wood holds the art away from the back of the frame to achieve that ‘floating’ look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment