Tuesday 14 November 2017

Two Favorite Threads News Flash

I learned something new today about my favorite thread, Mettler Poly Sheen. It is identical to Isocord Thread, right down to the colour numbers!  Did you know that?!

I love Mettler Poly Sheen thread. It is a bright shiny thread for bold thread work. It is 40 weight so it shows up nicely. It is strong and rarely breaks, even when free motion stitching. 

I have seen Isocord thread before and even bought one spool to try it out. Machine embroiderers like to use it for the gorgeous colours and strength. You don't really want your thread breaking in the middle of an embroidery piece!

I probably will still buy Mettler Poly Sheen as I don't go through the same large quantity of thread as embroiderers. And I like that I can buy a large variety of colours without too much expense. But I think I may buy the bigger cones of Isocord in my most used colours. 

My favorite thread looking like eye candy in this display at Mad B's Quilt and Sew. 
Notice the small words Amann Group. 
Here is the display of Isocord thread on the larger cones. 
Aha. The same Amann Group label. I never noticed this before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment