Friday 10 November 2017

More Inktense on Fabric Post Cards

I'm continuing to play with Inktense pencils. They are similar to a pencil crayon, but inside the pencil is a dry ink that acts like wet ink when water is added. 

I made two black-line drawings based on pictures Don had taken at Yosemite. One of the Half Dome and one of the Lower Yosemite Falls. I traced the black lines onto batik fabric with a fine black Sharpie pen. Then I added the colour using the Inktense Pencils. I chose about 6 pencils and created shades using just these few colours by overlapping colours and either pressing lightly or heavily. This gave me all the colours I needed in the intensity I desired. 

Once I got the colour on, then I misted each with water. I misted them quite heavily as I wanted the colours to bleed a bit to look like a water colour painting. 

I let the pictures dry. Misted them lightly and ironed them. This heat sets the colours so that they are now permanently set into the fibres of the batik fabric. 

Next I will sandwich and quilt them to make a couple more postcards. 



Half Dome after misting to get the ink into the fibres. 
Lower Yosemite Falls after misting with water. 
Heat set by ironing. 
Also, heat set. 
Today's two creations on the cork board beside yesterday's two postcards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment